Space Elves

Reaching Out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lulach Bronzebender
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hello, all!</p>
    I’ve spent my entire life feeling like an “other” and for years, I thought it was just because I’m a lesbian. However, now that I have time and space to just focus on myself l, for probably the first significant amount of time in my life, I am I putting pieces together. I am a newly-realized Dwarfkin (and it’s proving to be pretty darn hard to find others) but some of my favorite media (paired with life experience) triggered distinct, profound feelings that I’m not only in a place and time that don’t fit right, but that somewhere in my past, I had close relationships with elves, including, I believe, a very important romance. Rest assured that I’m not in your group to turn it into a personal dating service. I’m just reaching out to make new connections with a type of kin that I feel really comfortable with as I explore this previously unrealized side of myself. I’ve always gotten the impression that the otherkin culture is one of friendly acceptance. My hope is that, as with my past, I can find a little bit of belonging with the elves. πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hiya. I hope it doesn’t seem like I’m following you all over the site, just wanted to mention that this group is usually pretty quiet, so it may be a bit before someone besides me sees this post. πŸ™‚

It’s interesting that you feel like you had a dwarven life in another place. Do you know what your people were like, or the elves you were close with? Were they like the dwarves and elves in the game, or were they different?

Lulach Bronzebender
    Participant

Well, hello again. πŸ™‚

Thanks for the heads-up about the quietness of this forum; that will probably keep me from fretting that I stepped on some elven toes by pestering them as a non-elf. πŸ˜›

Honestly, I’ve got to do some exploring to see if I can piece together where all these feelings are coming from and what sort of picture they comprise. What I can tell you is that I’m fairly sure I wasn’t born above ground. I gather this because I have always found myself out-of-sync with the very granola-head city where I live. I appreciate nature just fine but I’m not in awe of it like so many people are. Frankly, it rarely moves me and often annoys me. Sunny, hot weather makes me grouchy because I don’t handle it well physically. I hate camping out in nature. I hate hiking, especially up steep hills and mountains. I hiked the Adirondacks with my ex for her birthday and I absolutely loathed it. You know what does move me, though? Gemstones, especially unusual ones and ones that are interestingly cut. Blizzards. Cold. Cities, because they have stone buildings and the ones that aren’t stone are angular and sharp like cut stones. The one nature-related activity that I really, really liked was a tour into an underground cave in Ohio. It was cool and damp down there with air that felt perfectly fresh and climate-controlled. Honestly, I had no desire to come back up. If I had it my way, I’d live in one. But I have a feeling that at some point, I’d have lived on the surface because I probably wouldn’t have interacted with elves otherwise and while I’m not one to enjoy a summer frolic in the meadow, the natural world around me, though not enticing, is also not something that feels foreign.

Dan O’Dea
    Participant

Show caves are cool.Β  A lot of central TX is limestone karst, so there are a lot of show caves. πŸ™‚

I’ve been to almost all of the public ones in TX, but only a few outside of it – Carlsbad Caverns (NM), Mamoth Cave (KN), and Ailwee (Ireland).

I do have memories of living underground, but as a Drae’stari, rather than a dwarf.

Lulach Bronzebender
    Participant

Interesting, Dan. Is the Drae’stari a type of Silver Elf? I’d love to know more. πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close